Affiliate Marketing Terms & Conditions
To register, please fill out this form to become an affiliate.
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take a few days and we appreciate your patience!
If you’re approved, you’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote Outdoor Technologies and Sports via referral links. You’ll also be able to check out your private Affiliate Area for visits and referrals information, creatives, graphs and more.
Commissions and payouts
You’ll earn a commission when a customer purchases an Automatic Casing Catcher for your AR15 Rifle using your referral link. Here’s the breakdown of earnings for each tiered level:
Tier 1: $6.00 per order up to 125 orders
Tier 2: $8.00 per order from 126 to 250
Tier 3: $10.00 per order at 251 and over
We pay out affiliate commissions in USD directly to your bank account or debit card in the first week of every month. We have a 30-day money-back guarantee, so we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. There is no minimum payout balance or maximum payout balance.
In order to receive a payout for your referrals, you must register your bank account or debit card with our payouts service.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases. We do not offer recurring referrals.
Here are the details of our program in summary:
- You’ll receive a commission for every new sale you refer
- Commissions will be paid by the 15th of the following month.
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase from Outdoor Technologies and Sports or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout. If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate, you agree to receive emails from Outdoor Technologies and Sports These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the Outdoor Technologies and Sports affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote Outdoor Technologies and Sports. As an affiliate, you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). We won’t spam you.
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that we do not believe are aligned with our industry or business may be rejected.
- Affiliate applicants with websites that re-sell any of our products will be rejected.
- Websites considered inappropriate by Outdoor Technologies and Sports will be rejected.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate, we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote Outdoor Technologies and Sports and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 90 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Dormant affiliate accounts
We encourage all of our affiliates to actively promote Outdoor Technologies and Sports to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote Outdoor Technologies and Sports, please let us know – we’re here for you! An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after one year. A dormant affiliate account will be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after one year.
Outdoor Technologies and Sports Affiliate Program Policies
How you promote Outdoor Technologies and Sports is reflected in the commission you earn. We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to Outdoor Technologies and Sports and bring us legitimate, loyal customers.
Here are a few examples of promotional methods to earn commission:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about Outdoor Technologies and Sports and give them your affiliate referral link.
- Write a review or a blog post about Firearms Industry or Outdoor Technologies and Sports and link to our site with your referral link.
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Instagram followers with your affiliate link in your bio. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals.
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited promotional methods
The prohibited promotional methods listed meant to protect you, and us, and our customers from any fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously. These prohibited promotional methods include:
- Outdoor Technologies and Sports may not be promoted on coupon sites – Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for Outdoor Technologies and Sports, so this method adds no value to Outdoor Technologies and Sports.
- Paid advertising using your affiliate link is prohibited – Buying ads through services like Google AdWords, social ads, or retargeting ads and using our brand keywords and your affiliate link will result in affiliate account deactivation.
- Any type of spam is prohibited – Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote Outdoor Technologies and Sports. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited. This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for allowed promotional methods!
- Don’t pretend to be professionally associated with Outdoor Technologies and Sports Affiliates aren’t employees of Outdoor Technologies and Sports and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to be Outdoor Technologies and Sports is prohibited. Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official Outdoor Technologies and Sports site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us at https://outdoortechsports.com/contact/.
Consequences of prohibited promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected, and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods and help us to help you succeed as an affiliate.
Agreement of Terms
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate, you are not an employee of Outdoor Technologies and Sports. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Outdoor Technologies and Sports. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.